“At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” ~Plato
By now you know that, “We are Gradient and we love what we do,” but what does that really mean? Sure it means that we all love doing what were good at, be it writing, acting, filming, editing, etc, etc. But do you know that we love coffee? Or that I love lemon bars?
Well we also love helping others.
That was our mission this Valentines season, and as you know, we partnered with Silk Espresso to raise money for My Fathers House in their effort to end homelessness. Plato said it right, and we decided what better way to raise money than through song!
Many local artists collaborated on this project, and there were many late nights leading up to its completion. Rebecca, Nathanael and I stayed up until nearly 3 a.m one night finishing up lyrics and brainstorming over potential song titles.
Here is a simple list of everyone who worked on “By My Side”, and we want them to know that they have our thanks:
- Nathanael Sams: Lyrics, Mixing, Vocals
- David Rodriguez: Lyrics, Marketing
- Rebecca Noles: Lyrics, Marketing
- Josh Luna: Original Album Art
- Elyse Ethier: Lead Female Vocals
- Scott Thompson: Lead & Rhythm Guitar
- Ricky Fletcher: Bass player
- Michael Scott Pettis: Drum programmer
Again, thank you all, and have a wonderful Valentines Day.