Songs characterize seasons — Press Play and the mood shifts into one appropriate to the weather, the scene, the setting.
Portland is fortunate in it’s proximity to other environments, with the Painted Hills just to the east and the Oregon Coast not two hours to the west.
A cultural melting pot of things past, present, and future, it’s also a hub for used record stores. Prime places to lose yourself for a few hours.
Below are a mix of old classics and new favorites; for that neon-lit night out on the town, a day spent road tripping somewhere new, or a crisp morning spent with good coffee and great company.
They’re the songs we love to love this summer.
- Sunshine – Matt Costna
- Lost in the World – Kanye West
- Drops of Jupiter – Train
- Daylight – Matt & Kim
- Something to Believe In – Newsies Original Broadway Cast Recording
- Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl) – Looking Glass
- Good Time – Owl City
- National Anthem – Lana Del Rey
- Too Close – Alex Clare
- Scarlett (Tokyo) – William Beckett
- Swells – Jonquil
- Right In – Skrillex