When an original becomes stale, it’s time to re-work it. Make it fresh. Hear it new. Re-discover the reason you loved it in the first place. Sometimes it’s stripped down and simplified, other times it’s amped up for a movie.
So go ahead, enjoy a collection of songs that on their own were great, and with a little TLC continue to age well.
These are the remixes and covers that we love most:
- Immigrant Song – Karen O, Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross (Original by Led Zeppelin)
- Hello Seattle (Remix) – Owl City
- This Woman’s Work – Greg Laswell (Original by Kate Bush)
- Dream On – Blessthefall (Original by Aerosmith)
- Baby – Reliant K (Original by Justin Beiber)
- Rainbow Connection – Jason Mraz (Original by Kermit the Frog)
- It’s Oh So Quiet – Bjork (Original by Betty Hutton)
- I Want You Back – Discovery (Original by Jackson 5)
- Gimme Sympathy (iTunes Session) – Metric
- Major Tom (Coming Home) – Shiny Toy Guns (Original by Peter Schilling)
- All My Loving – Jim Sturgess (Original by The Beatles)
- Nothing Better (Styrofoam Remix) – The Postal Service